A hate crime is a crime that is motivated by prejudice against of a person because of their:
- Ethnicity or race
- Disability (including mental health or learning difficulty)
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Religion or belief
Hate crime can be (but is not limited to):
- A physical attack, like assault or spitting
- Name calling or rude gestures
- Threats, harassment or intimidation
- Damage to your property or belongings
- Offensive letters, emails, texts, phone calls and social media messages
If you have been a victim or have witnessed a hate crime, please report it and make your community safer.
You can call us on 0800 171 2272, or report online here.
Bristol Hate Crime Services